Saturday, November 2, 2013

Selfies as Moments in Time

Do y'all know what a "selfie" is? They've technically existed since the invention of portable cameras, but the term "selfie" only entered dictionaries earlier this year with the definition of "a photograph that one has taken of oneself." Selfies mean something different to everyone, I've heard people describe them as "pure vanity" and also "self care," but there is no doubt that they are a good measure of one's life. So much changes between the gaps, between the stories, and that's why I've felt like sharing a few of mine with you.

As well as taking selfies on my camera, I tend to exchange them with two of my best friends within AFS. Sometimes they're jokes, sometimes they're amazing feats of planning (like one taken while riding my bike downhill!) and they're always a show of love to those two.



 (like the above selfie triptych which were titled "one for the road, one on the road, one of the road")

Whether you knew me before I came to Japan or not, I hope you enjoy seeing the differences in the photos . Read them how you like, but when I see them I notice the change in how I have viewed myself during my months adjusting to a foreign home, to the changes in my personality, and to the emotions I deal with daily.


may
march







may













          august




september





october






november

which brings us to today
a day at home relaxing with my family
and getting over a cold
wishing you all a nice fall <3 br="">
~so long for now~

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dad is going to see this and he's an ex marine, so be nice.