Sunday, June 23, 2013

What Makes This Fun

It's weird to think that it's still June, the year feels like it's going so fast and it IS, but it also feels like I'll never be leaving. I know I will so that's that, but the feeling is there.

Though I'm never quite sure what to blog about, I do think about this blog a lot and about my friends and family back home. How can I share with you what I'm going through? The wonderful and terrifying (not in a bad way) experiences I have everyday. I'm not a very good writer in my opinion and I forget to take pictures because I don't want to be living behind the camera. Maybe I'll try lists of things, things that have made me really happy lately:



  • The ways people laugh here, how my friends all start of quietly and build up, then fall back down again to silence. Sometimes it's fast, sometimes it's not, and I think sometimes they're surprised by my roar that comes from nowhere and ends just as abruptly. 
  • Every time I ask a school friend to hang out and they say they have to study, it's annoying mostly but they're so sweet about it. They don't want to be studying.
  • When people are surprised that I like Umeboshi.
  • The ladies at the school store who know I'm there for the Umeboshi onigiri. 
  • Wearing makeup on the weekends, feeling my glitter or red eyeshadow click everything back into place after a week of confusion.
  • Singing backup at karaoke but never in the right tune or speed, sometimes just reading the lyrics deadpan or ad-libbing, and then watching the singer try not to laugh.
  • The second floor of the McDonalds near the station where I go with friends when we just want to sit and talk in the middle of everyone.
  • Holding hands in crowded places so nobody gets left behind.
  • Watching adults play baseball so poorly that nobody is even watching them anymore, and spilling soda on myself when I cheer for them getting a home run. 
  • Understanding conversational Japanese, communicating.

I'm leaving for school soon, today we don't have club and we won't until late next week. We have tests and then the class match, I'm on the girls dodge ball team. I told them about the rubber balls in the US that leave welts, how you get good at catching or you get bruises. They're terrified.


P.S. Make sure to check out my photo album (click on the photo slideshow in the right sidebar,) I update it pretty frequently and there are some photos from a Kendo tournament in there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dad is going to see this and he's an ex marine, so be nice.