Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Years!

Welcome to 2013 everyone! I had a great New Years hanging out with my family and sneakily watching people's fireworks from my sister's porch. We're not big fireworks people ourselves, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy them! In retrospect, it would've been real nice to have a brought a blanket with me outside because boy was it cold. How was your New Years and/or New Years Eve, did you do anything interesting? Let me know in the comments.

 Since the new year has begun, I've been using my Christmas itunes giftcard (thanks Kate) to grab some apps and organize for my exchange. My packing list, my flights, and my photos are all laid out and accessible; with everything at my fingertips I believe I can do this. Not that I didn't think I could, I just couldn't process everything at the same time and keeping track got a little confusing. But! That's why all these cool apps were created! Isn't that neat?

Anyways, one of my organizational flaws tie in with the new year: clothes! Who doesn't want new clothes for a new year? I know I do, and most of them Comme Des Garçons, right now though I'm thinking about what to bring to Japan. AFS has lots of tips in the Participants Guide on packing, from taking lots of layers to modesty, but I still felt confused. So I've been searching through organization blog backlogs for packing gurus and I found an interesting tip: Choose a color palette.


I never would have thought of it! (Well maybe, after a long while it would've clicked...) One of my problems with clothes is color palettes because I love colors so much. It's hard for me to stick to just a few and I'll find myself randomly buying a bright red blazer. It's a great blazer and I wear it all the time, but in buying it I've excluded a few of the other items I have. I've shifted my palette. Right now my clothes are mostly dark purples, navy, crimson, black, and tan. It's an definitely an interesting combo, but I think it'll work.

Time to get packing! (Not really.) (Way too early.) (Just planning.)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe wait until you know what your new school uniform looks like before you choose your color palette. Then you can choose something altogether different for your unstructured time?
    mum

    ReplyDelete

My dad is going to see this and he's an ex marine, so be nice.